Bulgarian Workers’ Federation is a regular member of the International Confederation for Workers’ Sport (CSIT) from 1993 onward and associated member of the Confederation of the Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB).
Main activities of Bulgarian Workers’ Federation:
- Developing and expanding amateur sport among working people.
- Building workers’ sports club single-handedly and together with the trade union structures, municipalities and other sports institutions and sections.
- Organizing and carrying out of international, territorial and branch sports events – festivals, field-days, tournaments etc.
- Organizing and carrying out of seminars.
- Working on annual sports calendar for international, republican, branch and regional sports events.
Sports events that Bulgarian Workers’ Federation organizes annually:
- International sports festival.
- International field-day of teachers.
- National field event of the employees of the Water Supply and Draining System Sector.
- Field event of power engineers.
- Field event of the bank employees.
- Field event of miners.
- Field event of the workers in the chemical industry.
- State Workers' Christmas futsal tournament.
- Carrying out of competitions and tournaments together with municipalities and regional clubs of BWF “Sport and health” in various cities of the country, such as Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Stara Zagora, Pernik, Shumen, Blagoevgrad etc.
BAWS – Balkan Association for Workers’ Sport
Essential moment of the carrying out of the Festivals and Games is the birth of the idea that the Balkan region has the necessity of an organization, which carries out and coordinates workers’ sports events. Such an organization was established during 2004 under the name Bulgarian Association for Workers’ Sport. Members of the organization are Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Romania, Greece, Macedonia, Turkey and Bulgaria.